Guidelines & Terms and Conditions for Open Art School
- Students are expected to attend all the classes. Any absence will have implication on further course progress.
- Students are responsible for the information missed as a result of an absence. All missed activities and work will need to be completed outside the regular class.
- Excessive tardiness and absences will be reported to parents.
- Students cannot continue course after 4 consecutive unexcused absences..
- Students shall get certificate on successful completion of course. Certificate would be given on completion of 95% Attendance and 100% assignment submission.
- Regular classes shall include lecture and practice through assignments in along with lecture.
- Class assignments will be started in class and may be completed outside classroom hours.
- Along with regular lectures, some lecture time will be used for critique, discussion on required reading or educational video shown, student’s presentation, and demonstration of various painting materials.
School shall observe holidays as below:
- Ganesh Chaturthi.
- Gandhi Jayanti
- Republic Day
- Eid al-Fitr
- Labour Day
- Indian Independence Day
Additionally , Untimely offs can be observed due to political or natural calamities.
- Students will submit four best work of themselves.
- School panel will decide in which level student will fit on the basis of submitted paintings.
Selection :The courses are based on proficiency level of students. A counselling session with School shall guide students for appropriate Course to go ahead for..Aspiring students are requested to visit School office for initial counselling with 4 of their best paintings. School panel will decide in which level student will fit on the basis of submitted paintings.Once panel suggests appropriate course to student they can proceed to admission.
After getting suggested course , Student is expected to take admission to course by 1st Sept (Day one of course). For students taking admission enquiries after 1st Sept, admission to be taken by 20th Sept.
Admission process as follows :
- Fill online admission form – fill in the details and upload required documents.
- Pay fees online
- Document verification by school
- Admission confirmation based on document verification.
Documents required ( these can be uploaded online with admission form)-
- Copy of Aadhar card
- Copy of residential proof
- 2 passport size photos
- Personal contact (email, phone number).
Last date of Admission – 20th Sept.19
Mid term admission – Full fees to be paid for the quarter.
- Fee is different for each course with 18% GST additional to base fees.
- Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Fees does not include expenditures like art tours,exhibition/gallery visits or any outdoor trips. These charges should be paid separately before trips/tours.
- Fees has to be paid in advance for a given quarter . Students can pay full course fees in advance or can pay on a quarterly basis.
- Students get a 10% introductory offer on 1st payment made till 20th Sept 2019
- Mode of payment- Online,Payment Wallets , DD (for non-online admissions)
- Students need to carry their own painting materials.
- School shall provide online books and reference online reading material list
- Academic honesty is fundamental to the activities and principles of school. All students must be confident that each person’s work has been responsibly and honorably acquired, developed, and presented. School authority regards academic dishonesty as an extremely serious matter, with serious consequences that range from probation to expulsion. When in doubt about plagiarism, paraphrasing or collaboration, consult the course instructor.
- It is in a student’s interest to complete their assignments themselves.Any student suspected of submitting work done by someone else will be reported to the Office of the school authority.
- Students are expected to explore their own creativity to complete assignments. Any work copied or done using any tutorials are strictly unacceptable.
- Minor students : Students below the age of 18 shall be considered as minors.
- Minor students need to get signed consent/permission from parents for major activities like admission and outdoor trips etc.
- Consent form for Social media: Every student (both minor and adults) need to sign a consent that permits school authorities to share students’ photos and art work on social and print media. Its upto students will to sign this consent. Photos are artworks of such students NOT accepting the consent will not be shared on any media.
Positive School Atmosphere:
School respects individual freedom of expression, although we expect students to maintain a healthy and positive atmosphere in school and during outdoor visits.
- We believe in “Just shut up and Paint”. Please maintain an atmosphere that does not create disturbance for fellow students.
- Students are expected to be courteous and respectful towards fellow students.
- No drinks, eatables or chewing gum will be allowed during class hours.
- Keep their phone silent during class hours.
- Call it our school” and take care not to damage school property. Any damages if found, will result in fine to student.
- Respect cleanliness, clean up after each class.
- Do not climb trees, gates, railings, fences, and the school buildings.
Buying/selling of personal items and trading are not allowed inside the school premises.